- Continue mental Maths (Have 3 weeks of mental maths done by 27th)
- Continue with work from Tried and tested book (only the pages that I gave you last Thursday)
Answer these questions
- If a car travels 45 kilometres in 45 minutes, what is its speed?
- If 100g of rice costs €0.25, what would an entire Kilogramme cost?
- If 500ml of perfume costs €25, what would the entire Litre cost?
Explain these equations (Hint: they have a connection to circles)
- D= 2 X R
- R= D divided by 2
- C= D x 3
https://youtu.be/Hlal9ME2Aig Watch this video and answer these questions
- What is a negative number?
- Which direction do we move on the number line when we add?
- Which direction do we move on the number line when we subtract?
- What are some of the mathematical uses for negative numbers? One example would be temperature, when the temperature goes below zero.
Extra Revision activities:
- visit http://my.cjfallon.ie, click ‘Student Resources’, then filter to the title you require, making sure ‘Online Book’ is selected under ’Resources’.
Click – Primary, Class 6th: Subject: maths, Series: Busy at maths 6, Resource: online book
- Do as many activities as you can from chapter 10 (2 D shapes) in Busy at maths 6 in your 999 copy.
- Continue with work given in school last week (finish sheets, written activities etc that I wrote on the board)
Find the synonyms for the following words and put them into sentences
- Find the poem online and learn the poem ‘Down by the Salley Gardens’
- Continue with spellcheck activities that I wrote on the board last Thursday
- Follow this link. Read a book
- Based on what you read, write a story, a report, a diary entry, a recount or a book review. (Pick at least 1)
- Continue with the work that I gave you from “Sin é” in class last week. Read some more of the stories in the book and practise your Irish Reading.
- Revise all Irish verbs in your Blue Folder. Show me some evidence of revision in your 999 copy. Write out some verbs in your 999 copy.
- Scríobh na briathra rialta seo san aimsir caite, aimsir láithreach agus aimsir fháistineach
A.C = Thóg, A.L= Tógaim, A.F. Tógfaidh
- History: Continue with the project that I gave you to complete in Small World History in Ireland after the 1916 Easter Rising ( The chapters that I wrote on the board last Thursday)
- Geography: Continue with the chapter I gave you last Thursday in Small World Geography on Transport.
Twinkl: Setting this up is really easy to do – go to www.twinkl.ie/offer and enter the code IRLTWINKLHELPS.
- Topic: Electricity
- Do some worksheets
- Read a powerpoint
- Carry out an experiment
- Complete an activity
- Keep a record of what you did and what you have learned. We will discuss it on our return to school
- Revise EU countries and capitals and flags.
- Test yourself with these games.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNCdRwdlfZI Watch this video and learn how to draw a Celtic Knot. Draw your own and decorate it.
- All Work to be done in 999 Copies unless it is otherwise stated
- Don’t be overwhelmed. Do as much as you can but keep busy! Do your best!!! 😊