Let us treat others as we would like them to treat us
Aims of Scoil Bhríde (Cailíní)
The following are the agreed aims of the school:
- To promote the fullest possible development of each child as an individual and as a member of society.
- To promote attitudes and habits related to spiritual fulfilment and to ensure a sound social, moral and religious development.
- To encourage the child to be self-confident, independent, tolerant, kind and co- operative and to ensure that pupils in Scoil Bhríde (Cailíní) achieve high standards of work and behaviour in a purposeful, quiet and organised manner.
- To endeavour to ensure a good command of the Irish language and to promote a proper understanding of our Irish culture and nationality so that they may become proud of our rich heritage.
- To endeavour to ensure that, at a minimum, each child will achieve a competence, appropriate to her ability, in literacy and basic mathematical concepts and operations.
- To enable pupils to see themselves as members of both their local and global communities by encouraging awareness and understanding of their local environment and the wider world.
- To ensure that all activities, policies and programmes are developed and delivered with respect and that a positive celebration of difference is cultivated, always being mindful of the moral, conscientious, religious, linguistic and cultural principles of all within the school community.