Suggested activities for April 20th-24th
- 3D shapes; Cube, Cone, Sphere and Cylinder
- Please watch the video
- Now, let’s see if you can find any of these shapes in your home!
- Make a set of these shapes and count how many of each shape you found.
- Once you have completed this, let’s see which 3D shapes can roll.
- Have a race with someone in your home to see who can roll their shape the furthest! Take pictures and share them with us if you can.
- Continue to revise and write a letter each day, do this in your phonics homework book. What is the letter’s name? What sound does it make?
- Watch the story “Rainbow Fish” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9mryuEKkKc and answer these questions orally: What was your favourite part of the story? Why was Rainbow Fish different to the other fish? Why was the Rainbow Fish lonely? What did Rainbow Fish do?
- We would love to hear how you have been keeping busy! Please write your news in 1-3 sentences and draw a picture of what you have been upto at home. We would love if you could take a picture of this and send it to the school!
- We have new reading words! Please practise reading and using the following words; Mum on Zack into water
- Please watch the following YouTube videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxyV0YoPqNg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ell-8pwbP2k
- Find clothes around your house and have a fashion show as Gaeilge. E.g. Ms. Gilroy is wearing a white hat. = Tá hátá bán ar Ms. Gilroy.
- Hátá – hat, cóta – coat, brogá – shoes, geansaí – jumper
(These words are pronounced in the video above)
- Art: Draw and Colour your very own Rainbow Fish!
- Geography: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdrEFz9Jsw Talk about the important jobs doctors and nurses do – draw a picture of a doctor or nurse.
- Our GAA Coach has some great videos for practising skills on the St. Brigid’s GAA Club Facebook page. Give them a go!
Please consider doing some of these activities also…….
- Play a board game
- Play a game of cards
- Draw/paint a picture
- Watching TG4 – Cartoons in Irish
- Creating with Playdoh
If you like please keep a little diary of all your activity – we would be delighted to see this diary when we return to school.
We hope you are keeping well at home and we miss you very much!
We can’t wait to see you all back in school soon,
Ms. Gilroy and Ms. Meenagh
Category: Junior Infants Senior Infants SEODA